Writing for the Web Course overview
Writing for the Web is an essential skill. Despite a growing appetite for ‘snackable’ video and image-led content, written content is still incredibly important. In fact, Google appears to reward longer form content now that previously, so how can you assist your customers in their decision-making journey through timely, useful and engaging written content?
Our trainer Chris Lee will visit your offices to help you become even more effective in your online content marketing.
What you will learn
- Where different types of content and social media fits within the customer decision journey
- How to plan content marketing strategies to successfully achieve business goals
- How to create content that converts
- How to lay out blog posts to improve the user experience, support community growth and drive higher social shares
- How search engines, particularly Google, work and how to create long-life written content that could deliver repeat hits months after its publishing date
- Why brand tonality matters and how to define yours
- To create emotional connections with target audiences
- To speak the language of your audience
- How to write for social media
- How to script video content
- Email marketing best practice
The course will include practical sessions and aims to arm attendees with the confidence and ability to create even more impactful content marketing going forward.
Who should attend?
Anyone who writes online copy. Whether it’s blog posts, blog posts or film scripts, you will learn how to improve your online copy to attract attention and generate clicks across different devices in a multi-platform world.
If you are a content planner, this will also help you generate greater business results from your content marketing.
What’s the cost?
We pack a lot into the day, with courses running from around 09.30-17.00 with a break for lunch. The cost is £1,995+VAT, plus travel if outside London. Groups will need laptops and should be capped at 20 people to get the best value.
About the trainer
Chris Lee is a freelance digital consultant and has worked in B2B and B2C PR and media in the UK and APAC for more than 16 years. He is a former technology journalist and award-winning blogger, and co-led the global content and social media strategy for Philips male grooming.
Chris headed up digital skills development worldwide at integrated communications consultancy Grayling for three years and is a PRCA-accredited trainer. [Continues…]
How do I book a session?
Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss setting up a session:
T: +44 (0)20 3289 3550